TE Connectivity Ltd. is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. For more than 75 years, TE’s connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS.
Increasing the durability of technology requires connectivity solutions engineered for reliability. TE Connectivity ruggedized connectors, sensors, and more are designed to optimize the throughput of data, power, and signal – while improving tolerance in systems continuously exposed to extremes such as vibrations, temperatures, voltages, pressures, and moisture.
With TE’s accelerometers, you can accurately measure vibration and motion in heavy-duty equipment operating in harsh environments. Their heavy duty connectors are designed to provide reliable power and signal transmission in rail systems, robotics, and construction machinery. And with their AMPSEAL connectors, you gain a rugged, environmentally sealed cable-to-board solution, manufactured to withstand high-temperatures and harsh conditions.
Together with ICC's extensive TE Connectivity inventory, you are sure to find connectors, relays, switches, circuit breakers or any other item you are likely to need for your applications.
TE Connectivity companies include:
- AMP | TE Connectivity
- Corcom | TE Connectivity
- DEUTSCH | TE Connectivity
- Madison Cable | TE Connectivity
- Raychem | TE Connectivity
- TE Sensor Solutions | TE Connectivity
Featured TE Connectivity Products
Buchanan Wiremate Connector
TE Connectivity Buchanan Wiremate Connector
TE Connectivity's BUCHANAN WireMate connector surface mount TB series is a two-piece pluggable solution designed for customers seeking to switch to surface mounted versions of the traditional two-piece terminal block. Mating plugs are available, with the option for vertical or right angle versions in position sizes from 2 to 12 poles. These connectors allow for faster PCB assembly, and optional SMT retention features help ensure secure PCB mounting. The connectors have tin-plated copper alloy contacts, and the housing material has a UL 94 V-0 flammability rating.
- Allow for simple reflow soldering and faster PCB assembly through surface mount terminal blocks
- Help ensure secure PCB mounting through SMT Retention features
- Increase design flexibility with vertical or right angle versions
- Building Automation
- Building Equipment
- HVAC Equipment and Controls
- Industrial Controls
- Industrial Lighting Solutions
Questions to Ask During Design-In:
- Do you use reflow soldering for other PCB components?
- Do you need additional retention features for terminal blocks?
- What centerline is used for your current terminal block?
PC Board Headers
PC Board Headers for POWER TRIPLE LOCK Connector System
TE Connectivity (TE) introduces an expanded line of PC board headers for its POWER TRIPLE LOCK connector system. These single row right-angle and vertical headers expand wire-to-board application options for this robust connector system with its three-in-one locking features for enhanced connection reliability.
With a 6mm centerline pitch, ratings up to 20A at 600VAC and numerous features to enhance ergonomics and ease assembly, the POWER TRIPLE LOCK connector system continues to gain acceptance for applications in a range of industries. These two, three, four and five position headers in single row configurations should further the acceptance.
Features & Benefits:
- Stays snapped onto board prior to soldering thanks to contoured retainers on right-angle headers.
- Provides mounting options for design flexibility.
- Meets agency standards including UL recognition and VDE certification to ease end product approvals.
- Prevents wire snags with anti-snag latch design.
- Provides positive feedback with an audible ‘lock’ when header (or cap) and plug are mated, expediting assembly.
- Assures connector halves remain together once mated and latched with the optional connector position assurance (CPA) device.
- Assures terminals are fully seated in the housing and also provide an added measure against terminal back-out through use of optional terminal position assurance (TPA) device.
- Meets temperature requirements of various applications and also meets different flammability standards around the globe with multiple housing material options.
- Helps to prevent assembly errors with asymmetrical terminals that fit into the housing only one way.
- Prevents fretting corrosion of the contacts thanks to anti-fretting lubricant on the terminals.
- Allows the use of the same position size connector but prevents mis-mating due to multiple keying options.
- Room Air Conditioners
- Security Systems
- Washers & Dryers
- Garage Doors & Gate Openers
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Industrial Machinery
- HVAC Systems
- Water Heaters
- Control Systems
- Mass Transit Vehicles & Systems
Heavy Duty Connectors
Heavy Duty Connectors
Heavy Duty Connectors for use in harsh environment covering protection degrees up to IP 69k, current rating 10 A to250 A and up to 216 contacts.
TE Connectivity (TE) introduces Heavy Duty Connectors (HDC), a connectivity solution for harsh environments. The Ingress Protection rating of up to IP69K and 1000 hours corrosion resistance test approval ensure long lasting performance by providing longer machine uptime, quick installation, and protection against environmental hazards including water, dust, chemicals, temperature, vibration, mechanical shock and high pressure. Due to its modular design, heavy duty connectors can help to reduce space requirements in applications providing highly customizable solutions. By combining products from TE’s portfolio of cable fittings, hoods, contacts, male or female inserts and housings, HDC can be assembled to almost any configuration for heavy duty applications.
HDC products have been adopted by a wide range of industries, including the wind energy, robotics, construction machinery, packaging, printing and tobacco machinery as well as railway and automation industries.
HDC products consist of three key elements: inserts, contacts and hoods and housing. The inserts and contacts are modular and assembled together to provide electrical performance, and the hoods and housings are made of metal or thermoplastic, robustly structured to provide mechanical and environmental protection for the connector. The waterproof anti-corrosion housing ensures that TE's HDC products work under harsh environments and even meet customers' outdoor connection needs.
TE's HDC product series support a wide range of electrical requirements, e.g. a rated current from 5A to 350A. The modular system provides a high degree of flexibility for customers to customize their solutions for different applications, without the need for modifications.
MULTIGIG RT High-Speed Backplane Connection System
TE Connectivity's MULTIGIG RT High-Speed Backplane Connection System offers a level of flexibility and customization never before seen in the industry. This printed circuit-based, pinless interconnect family consists of modular components which can be used in a variety of combinations -- ultimately providing the density, data throughput, and signal integrity required for virtually any application.
The MULTIGIG RT High-Speed Backplane Connection System utilizes printed circuit wafers, allowing for cost-effective sequencing and electrical customization of the connector. The wafers can be manufactured specifically for differential or signal-ended performance, and the impedance, propagation delay, and crosstalk of the connector can be altered per customer requirements. The MULTIGIG RT is used in numerous applications in the computer, communications, military, medical, and industrial control industries.
MULTIGIG RT 2-R Ruggedized Connectors
Included in TE Connectivity's MULTIGIG RT family are MULTIGIG RT 2-R Ruggedized Connectors. Both lightweight and high-speed, these board-to-board connectors are ideal for rugged embedded computing applications including ground and missile defense, electronic systems/C4ISR, and commercial and military aerospace. MULTIGIG RT 2-R connectors also support OpenVPX architecture and are compliant to VITA 46 -- including backward compatibility with all existing VITA 46 daughter cards.
The MULTIGIG RT 2-R Connector System features the modularity and flexibility of field-proven Multigig RT 2 connector products, but with a new quad-redundant contact structure designed for extreme vibration levels. Ruggedized guide hardware is also available to increase the stability of the daughter card-to-backplane interface under shock and vibration.
The TE Connectivity MULTIGIG RT High-Speed Backplane Connection System includes the following features:
- Customizable impedance-matched printed circuit wafer interface
- Inverse sex backplane connector system with "pinless" interface
- Superior crosstalk performance
- Optimized footprints for signal integrity and ease of board design
- 0.56 [.022] diameter for lower cost board fabrication
- Three levels of signal contact sequencing
- Telcordia/Bellcore compliant
- Modular and monoblock styles
- Available for 20.30mm [0.8] and 25.40mm [1.0] card pitch systems
- Durability-rated for 200 cycles
- Fully compatible with MP based fiber optic array interconnects
- Availability of guide hardware meeting VITA 41 and/or VITA 46 standards
- Complete connector family includes power modules, guidance modules, and cable assemblies
Made to stringent military specifications, TE Connectivity (TE) high-performance relays feature state-of-the-art technology and set the industry standard for reliability.
TE's high-performance relays are designed to withstand the rigors of high shock, vibration, and acceleration encountered in military-aerospace applications. The balanced force design provides consistently high contact pressure, reduced bounce, and less arching ― contributing to extended contact life.
Choose from an extensive variety of relays, including low-signal, mid-range, high-voltage, crystal can, and solid-state. We also offer TE protective and time-delay relays, which not only withstand extremes in temperature, shock, vibration, and altitude, but conveniently combine multiple functions into a single package.
Included in our portfolio are TE's AGASTAT, CII, HARTMAN and KILOVAC relays ― some of the most respected brands in the high-performance switching industry.
TE relays feature switching capabilities of up to 6-GHz signals, accommodating voltages of up to 70 kV. These relays are available in a wide range of contact configurations, enclosure types, and mounting styles.
In addition to our relays and contactors, we also offer high-reliability switches, sensors, custom solenoids, and power distribution units from TE Connectivity.
View our ebook for more information on our TE Connectivity high-performance relays.
TE’s high-precision manufacturing processes span a diverse range of connectors, backshells, and related accessories for rugged applications. TE Connectivity's POLAMCO products are used in aerospace, defense, communications, automotive, industrial, medical, mass transit, shipbuilding, oil, and space applications.
Covering a wide range of rugged interconnect products:
- Connectors - Filtered, fiber optic, high-temperature, hermetic, integral backshell, pull break, RJ45, torque differential (high vibration), USB
- Backshells - Aerospace, circular, rectangular
- Included in our selection are TXR Tinel-Lock circular backshells for MIL-DTL-38999 Series III and IV connectors. Machined for strength and performance, TXR backshells feature low-profile 360° screen termination and are designed to quickly and securely terminate braided cable shields and heat-shrinkable lipped boots to D38999 connectors.
- Blanking cans
- Cable protection
- Conduit systems
- Dummy receptacles
- Heat shrink boots and kits
- High-Temperature Sleeving
- Nomex lacing tape
- Protection covers
TE Connectivity, TE Connectivity (logo), and TE are trademarks owned or licensed by the TE Connectivity Ltd. family of companies.