Amphenol Fiber Systems International
ICC is an authorized distributer of Amphenol Fiber Systems International.
Amphenol Fiber Systems International (AFSI) is the birthplace of the TFOCA-II® connectors and assemblies. For over a decade, Amphenol Fiber Systems International has been a global leader in the design, development, and manufacturing of fiber optic systems and products.
Amphenol Fiber Systems Products Include:
- Fiber Optic Systems
- Connectors and Adapters
- Cable Assemblies
- Active opto-electrical devices
- Military and Aerospace (Naval/Shipboard, Land Tactical/Field-deployed ground military, ground and airborne radars, missile defense systems, military and commercial avionics and displays, UAV and tethered drone, IFE&C)
- Industrial Fiber Optic Systems
- Wireless and Broadband
M28876 Fiber Optic Connectors
Amphenol Fiber Systems manufactures a complete line of circular fiber optic connectors designed and qualified to MIL-PRF-28876, Rev. E. These connectors are precision machined to stringent tolerances and designed to provide superior optical performance in extreme environmental conditions.
M29504 fiber optic termini provide superior optical and mechanical performance. Each unit is precision-engineered to allow the ferrule to press fit and bottom out within the terminus body. This allows for a secure fit and yields better overall performance under stressful environmental conditions. The termini also feature integrated environmental seals for harsh environments.
Designed to fit MIL-DTL-38999 Series III (D38999), pin size 16 connectors, AFSI M29K1000 and M29L1000 termini are made to MIL-PRF-29504/04 and /05 Revision D specifications, respectively.
M29504/14 and /15 termini are qualified to MIL-PRF-29504B specifications and are compatible with MIL-DTL-28876 (M28876) and comparable military-style connectors. The M29504/15 features a ceramic alignment sleeve, maximizing its ability to hold extremely tight dimensional tolerances while maintaining accurate concentricity.
- Pre-radius zirconia ferrule tip provides optimal insertion loss
- "Press fit" terminus design - precision ferrule alignment with captivated split zirconia sleeves
- Supports both multi-mode and single-mode fiber
M83522 MIL-ST Connectors
Designed to the shock requirements of MIL-DTL-83522, M83522 MIL-ST connectors are qualified for military applications and feature a higher spring force than commercial ST connectors. These rugged fiber optic ST connectors provide the best possible optical performance in applications with severe environmental conditions – including deployable and fixed communication systems, US Navy shipboard, surface and submarine systems, mobile tactical shelters, electronic battlefield networks, and mobile emergency telecommunication stations.
We also offer Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) ST connectors with the same robustness and a spring force more consistent with moderate shock and vibration environments. The M83522 COTS line connects effectively with other ST connectors and ancillary electronics.
- Superior optical performance in extreme environmental conditions
- MIL-qualified: high spring force for shock and vibration resistance
- Super and ultra-PC polish capabilities
- High-grade stainless steel body with zirconia ceramic ferrule and fungus-resistant self-extinguishing boot