A division of Amphenol Corporation, Amphenol Aerospace is one of the largest manufacturers of military, commercial aerospace, and industrial interconnects worldwide. Using state-of-the-art technology, Amphenol designs, manufactures and markets cylindrical and rectangular, electronic, fiber optic, EMI/EMP filter, and a variety of special applications connectors and interconnect systems.
Our Amphenol Aerospace line features MIL-DTL-38999 Series III connectors in both commercial high-speed (TV*) and mil-spec (D38999) configurations ‒ with value-added assembly on our D38999 connectors.
Amphenol Aerospace products are designed for the harshest environments and most demanding applications ‒ including military-aerospace/rotorcraft, military ground vehicles, commercial aircraft, avionics, C4ISR, missile defense, naval operations, and unmanned systems.
Amphenol Aerospace Products Include:
- Amphenol Aerospace Circular Connectors
- Amphenol Aerospace Contacts
- Amphenol Aerospace Filters
- Amphenol Aerospace Fiber Optics
- Amphenol Aerospace Hermetics
- Amphenol Aerospace Accessories
- Amphenol Aerospace Rack and Panel
- Amphenol Aerospace Board Level
- Amphenol Aerospace Flex and Rigid Flex
- Amphenol Aerospace Printed Circuit Boards
- Amphenol Aerospace Backplane Systems
- Amphenol Aerospace Integrated Systems
- Amphenol Aerospace Cables
Featured Amphenol Aerospace Products
Amphenol Aerospace Circular Connectors
Products for Military, Aerospace, and Harsh Environments
As a worldwide leader and supplier in connector design, Amphenol offers a wide range of circular connectors for military and commercial air applications. Amphenol is a QPL'd supplier of products meeting MIL-DTL-5015, MIL-DTL-26482, MIL-DTL-38999, MIL-DTL-27599, and other military specifications.
Choose from an assortment of shell materials, plating finishes, and contact styles to fit the vast market requirements of today's military and commercial air applications and environments.
Whatever your requirements, our Amphenol Aerospace line is designed for the harshest environments and most demanding applications.
Included in our Amphenol Aerospace offerings are our High-Speed 38999 Series III Connectors. Built around MIL-DTL-38999 specifications, these connectors are designed for high-performance applications and can accommodate size 8 high-speed quadrax and differential twinax contacts.
We also offer Amphenol Aerospace MIL-DTL-38999 Series I, II & III connectors with PC tail contacts. These high-density PCB connectors are lightweight, compact, and environmentally resistant. Available with clinch nuts for fast and secure mounting.
Our MIL-DTL-22992 Class L Connectors are the largest cylindricals available and are perfect for military and industrial applications. Our Class L connectors support electrical loads from 40 to 200 amperes, and offer rigid configuration control for safe and accurate interconnection.
Amphenol Aerospace Contacts
Amphenol offers a wide range of contacts for most MIL-Spec and many proprietary connector applications, which include the international space station, fighter aircraft, battlefield communication networks, and military ground vehicles.
- Coax Contacts: Designed for RF/Microwave and shielded wire applications both low frequency and matched impedance available
- Concentric Twinax Contacts: Shielded twisted pair of conductors designed for digital transmission systems data bus 1553 systems
- Triax Contacts: Designed for shielded wire applications
- Quadrax and Differential Twinax contacts: Designed for Ethernet, Firewire, Fibrechannel and Gigabit Ethernet applications.
Printed circuit tail twinax contacts provide a cost effective packaging solution for limited space applications where connectors are attached to printed circuit boards. They are available for MIL-DTL-38999 Series I and III cylindrical connectors and for ARINC 404 and ARINC 600 rectangular connectors. High reliability is assured with factory pre-assembled contacts and standardized termination to the board.
Amphenol offers MIL-DTL-38999 Series III connectors for data bus, LAN and Coax, triax, twinax transmission lines with conductive inserts that ground the outer conductor of the coax triax or twinax contacts to the shell. These connectors are sold "less contacts" or as a kit part number shipped, packaged with your selected contacts. They will accommodate size 8 & 12 coax, triax or twinax contacts or size 16 coax contacts.
EMI/EMP Filter Protection
Amphenol Aerospace Filters
Amphenol EMI/EMP filter protection connectors offer the versatility of standard connectors, but with EMI/EMP Filter protection for sensitive circuits. Internal housing of the EMI/EMP Filter devices eliminates costly and bulky exterior discrete protection devices.
Amphenol's focused filter business is structured to support customer requirements. Filter application engineers help customers determine the best filter for their application while our dedicated staff of design engineers provides design support. State-of-the-art manufacturing and assembly areas allow Amphenol to support both high volume and custom connector solutions and our experimental assembly area allows for quick turn of prototypes.
Using a filter connector as opposed to discrete components inside an enclosure ensures that EMI/EMP noise is kept outside the box, preventing the possibility of EMI noise re-coupling to signal lines via radiation of any noise that comes in through the connector. EMI/EMP Filter protection connectors can also keep noise and transients from exiting an enclosure and affecting other components within a system.
Bantam Bayonet Connectors
Amphenol Aerospace Bantam Bayonet Micro Connectors provide an effective alternative to D-subs and traditional high-cost connectors while maintaining the performance level demanded by today's flight-critical applications. Compact and lightweight, these rugged circular connectors also feature long mating cycles and superior shell-to-shell electrical bonding for enhanced EMI protection.
- Compact and lightweight
- Excellent shell-to-shell conductivity
- Robust triple-bayonet coupling for quick and positive locking
- Internal EMI ground spring
- Long mating cycle
- Quick termination process with tape-and-reel contacts
- Several mounting options available, including in-line and 2-hole flange mount configurations
- EWIS and RoHS-compliant
- High-reliability interconnection for demanding applications
Amphenol Aerospace Bantam Bayonet Micro Connectors are used in a variety of aerospace applications including cabin and proximity lighting, sensors, IFE&C, in-seat wiring, in-line connections, and panel/equipment connections.
MIL-DTL-22992 Class L Connectors
The Amphenol Class L 22992 heavy duty connectors are the largest size cylindricals. They are available only in the specific configurations prescribed by MIL-DTL-22992 for either military or industrial applications. This rigid configuration control assures correct interconnection of electrical circuits for maximum safety and reliability. Controlled parameters include:
Connector shell style and contact type - Wall mount and cable connecting receptacles are supplied with socket contacts only, and always lead from the power source. Plugs (with coupling rings) have pin contacts only, and always lead to the equipment end.
Shell size - The direct relationship of shell size to current carrying capability reduces the possibility of inadequate wiring for heavy electrical loads.
Current Rating (Amperes)
MIL-DTL-38999 Series I, II & III Connectors
ICC is an authorized distributor for Amphenol Aerospace, which manufactures the largest selection of MIL-DTL-38999 connectors in the world. Fully QPL'd, these robust subminiature connectors are designed to meet the most stringent requirements of the military and aerospace industry.
Our Amphenol Aerospace MIL-DTL-38999 line includes Series I, II, and III, as well as a wide range of tailored and derivative products. We offer value-added assembly on all of our MIL-DTL-38999 connectors.
- MIL-DTL-38999 Series I (LJT Series) & II (JT Series)
- Contact protection, quick positive coupling, eliminated, error-proof alternate positioning, EMI shielding, hermetic
- Part Prefix: MS27*, LJT*, JT*
- MIL-DTL-38999 Series III (D38999 Tri-Start Series III, TV)
- Qualified to BACC63DB and BACC63DC specifications
- Aluminum/Stainless Steel/Class K versions feature firewall capability with EMI shielding, contact protection, and resistance to moisture, corrosion, vibration, and shock
- Composite versions feature lightweight design and extended contact life
- Part Prefix: D38999*, TV*, CT*, MTV*
- Several coupling mechanisms available, including threaded, bayonet, push-pull, rack & panel, and lanyard releases
- Insert arrangements incorporate crimp removable or hermetically sealed contacts to accommodate signal, power, coaxial, twinax, quadrax, and even fiber optic termini
- Plating options include cadmium olive drab, zinc cobalt, electroless nickel, and RoHS-compliant black zinc nickel
- Value-added assembly on all MIL-DTL-38999 connectors
We also offer Amphenol Aerospace MIL-DTL-38999 Series I, II & III connectors with PC tail contacts. These high-density PCB connectors are lightweight, compact, and environmentally resistant. Series III is available with clinch nuts for fast and secure mounting.